Glossary definition of "Scheduled Transaction"

Tim Wunder tim@thewunders.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:17:40 -0400

On 10/22/2002 7:25 AM, someone claiming to be Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the upcoming translations we need to find appropriate glossary
> definitions of new terms that have been introduced in Gnucash. So far
> the term "Scheduled transaction" needs a definition.
>
> Recall the definition of "transaction": "A piece of business done; the
> transfer of money from one account to one or more other accounts"
>
> How about this definition of Scheduled transaction: "A transaction that
> is to be excuted in the future, either once or at several times in
> regular time intervals".

"A transaction that is to be excuted at a specific time, either once or at several times in regular intervals."

The SX is not necessarily executed in the future. I can have an SX that's scheduled on the 15th (like a direct deposit or withdrawal), but don't run GNUCash until the 20th. In that case, the transaction is entered in the past.

Regards,
Tim