gnucash 1.6.8

Terry Boldt tboldt@attglobal.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:40:00 -0500

Due to  an incipient HDD failure I had to change from RH 7.3 to RH 8.0 very=
=20
recently. Downloaded version 1.6.8, uncompressed, untarred and executed=20
'./configure'. Ended with the following error message:

checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml... yes
Unknown library `ghttp'
Unknown library `ghttp'
checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... no
configure: error: Cannot find ghttp. See the README and config.log for more=
=20
info.

Checked both the README and config.log for more information - not helpful. =
I=20
Think I know what 'ghttp' refers to, but thought I should probably ask befo=
re=20
executing a wild goose chase.=20

Also, if anybody knows of opther packages I should download before continui=
ng,=20
please mention them.

Thanks - Terry