Call for Testers: HBCI in GnuCash

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:57:54 -0500

On Monday 28 October 2002 12:39, James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 12:03:13PM +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > The beta release GnuCash 1.7.2 features HBCI online banking support.
> > This makes it the world's first *free* HBCI-enabled personal finance
> > manager.
>
> I'm jealous. I'd love for something like this in North America.

There is: OFX.  Support for OFX is also in the upcoming gnucash 1.8. which
will also, to my knoledge, be the first free financial software supporting
OFX.   Unfortunately, most banks are very shy of opening up their ofx
servers, a fact which prevented me from implementing bidirectionnal OFX
communication.  So ofx is mostly a bank, credit card and investment statement
download kind of thing for now.

P.S.:  I also need testers for OFX...

--
Benoit Grégoire