gnucash 1.6.8

Terry Boldt tboldt@attglobal.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:10:34 -0500

On Monday 28 October 2002 15:47, Tim Wunder wrote:
> On 10/28/2002 10:40 AM, someone claiming to be Terry Boldt wrote:
> > Due to  an incipient HDD failure I had to change from RH 7.3 to RH 8.0
> > very recently. Downloaded version 1.6.8, uncompressed, untarred and
> > executed './configure'. Ended with the following error message:
> >
> > checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml... yes
> > Unknown library `ghttp'
> > Unknown library `ghttp'
> > checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... no
> > configure: error: Cannot find ghttp. See the README and config.log for
> > more info.
> >

> > Checked both the README and config.log for more information - not
> > helpful. I Think I know what 'ghttp' refers to, but thought I should
> > probably ask before executing a wild goose chase.
> >
> > Also, if anybody knows of opther packages I should download before
> > continuing, please mention them.
>
> 1.6.8 should compile out of the box under RedHat 8.0. You probly just need
> some -devel packages, at a minimum the libghttp-devel-1.0.9-5 pacakge.
>
> IIRC, RH 8 *comes* with 1.6.something (1.6.6 I think...).

Yes it does, but I don't have it. My HDD was replaced by the vendor (a grea=
t=20
plug for Pogolinux is in order - they are simply great . Was that allowed??=
?)=20
They installed RH 8.0, but not all of the packages. They shipped the HDD=20
before they got the CD-ROMs produced. The CD-ROMs will arrive later, so I=
=20
can't install that way yet. and yes it is listed as 1.6.6.

So until the CD-ROMs arrive I am downloading and installing those packages =
I=20
need right now. Have to be done before Wednesday - don't know that I will=
=20
make it though.=20

Thanks for the speedy response.