discussion generic import design

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
28 Oct 2002 16:15:59 -0500

Benoit Gr=E9goire <bock@step.polymtl.ca> writes:

> I think the best thing you could work on is indeed (If I understand you=
=20
> properly) the match remembering functions I discussed in the mail I sent =
on=20
> the 21st:
>=20
> Account * gnc_import_find_dest_account(char * match_text) and
> void gnc_import_set_dest_account(char * match_text, Account * dest_accoun=
t).=20=20
> These should be implemented in a new C file and included in the generic=
=20
> importers public include file.

May I suggest:

        typedef enum {
                GNCIMPORT_MATCH_PAYEE =3D 1,
                GNCIMPORT_MATCH_MEMO,
                GNCIMPORT_MATCH_CATEGORY,
                GNCIMPORT_MATCH_CLASS,
        } GncImportMatchType;

        Account* gnc_import_find_map_account(GNCBook*, GncImportMatchType);
        void gnc_import_add_map_account(GNCBook*, GncImportMatchType, Accou=
nt*);

State (where to store the maps) would be _useful_.   Different books
probably want different match-maps.

-derek

--=20