SQL Databases

Alessio Bragadini alessio@sevenseas.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 00:47:23 +0300

Derek Atkins:

> Nobody is activly developing the postgres backend. While it still
> compiles in CVS, there is nobody that is making sure that it is
> fully supported. If you (or anyone else) wants to volunteer to
> maintain the postgres backend, dontations of code will be greatly
> accepted.

Have you tried contacting the PostgreSQL community on the various
lists @postgresql.org? There is probably someone with PostgreSQL
experience and some free time (ah!) willing to develop the database
backend, but AFAIK the fact that GnuCash can use a PostgreSQL backend
is not widely known in the PostgreSQL community.

> If you want to write a different SQL backend and support _that_, I'm
> sure that could be arranged.

Is there any way an abstract layer can be used? Are we talking C or
Scheme?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini            alessio@sevenseas.org