Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found

Dave Reed drlinux at columbus.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 17:57:17 CST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 10:20, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:13:04AM -0500, Dave Reed was heard to
remark:
> > I upgraded to RHL 9 which has gnucash 1.8.1 from RHL 8 which has
> > gnucash 1.6.6. With the new version not all the acounts are being
> > included in my net asset total. I then installed 1.8.2 from source
on
> > the RH 8 system, but that didn't help.
> >
> > When I start gnucash, I get:
> > Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency
found
> > Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency
found

> After reading the source code, I've concluded that ... well, there
> are several possibilities, but all of them are 'impossible'.

You're correct - it looks it might be impossible.

After applying the patch you sent me (although the last pwarn
statement wouldn't compile so I just commented it out) and trying it,
it printed out an account that only had a couple transactions so I was
able to look at all of them. One of the split transactions either had
a blank split account or a single number 1 for the account that
someone had gotten in there. gnucash 1.6.6 didn't complain about it
but 1.8.2 did.

Once I removed that line, it loads fine. The net assets value displayed
underneath the toolbar is not correct (it's too low). When I do a
balance sheet, the Assets and Liabilities do total the correct amount
so I don't know why the other value is incorrect. Also, at this point
I actually have a gain in the stock market from (didn't start using
gnucash until last December) so my Asset total is greater than my
Liabilities + Equity + Profit. Should that difference show up as
Unrealized Gains (which is 0) on the balance sheet report.

Also, the --add-price-quotes option on 1.8.2 still dies with a broken
pipe, but works fine on the 1.6.6 version. If there's anything I can
do to help track this problem down, let me know.

Thanks,
Dave