Scheduled Transactions with Variables

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Apr 7 20:12:36 CDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:36:12PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

| I am wondering, if I can have the current month (or current month+1) in the
| description field in a scheduled transaction, which is recuring e.g. every
| month.

Not in the description field, no.  Only the credit/debit formulae can contain
variables.

| I saw in the "Edit Scheduled Transaction" view, in the helper of "Create
| Automatically" that there should be no "variables" in the split transactions.
| Would a month in the description field be such a variable?

Perhaps that text should be worded better.  The real problem is with variables
which don't have known values, and thus require user input ... the code
cannot create the transaction "automatically" in that case.  For a variable
like the one you're suggesting [which always has a known value], this would
not be an issue.

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
jabber:jsled at jabber.asynchronous.org, ICQ:4983267, {AIM,YIM}:joshsled