IIF, QIF, QuickBooks Import

Craig Lanning CraigL at Knology.net
Thu Apr 17 16:23:18 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 14:00, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Craig Lanning <CraigL at Knology.net> writes:
>
> > The only data I can see manipulating directly in the DB is the
> > "Customer" names, addresses, etc. (maybe the "Vendor" names, addresses,
> > etc., too).  Hopefully, I can set something up to do that without hosing
> > Gnucash.
>
> Ok, *THAT* is perfectly reasonable..  I was thinking you were talking
> about modifying invoice, transaction, or other accounting data
> directly.  Modifying the contact list data is probably ok.

One really cool thing would be for the Gnucash Customer table (and maybe
even the Vendor table) to really just be an SQL view into another more
data rich table.  Depending on the organization that is tracking these
names, they may want to keep more data than Gnucash needs. (i.e.
birthdays, names of children).

Just something to think about.

Craig