Generic Import API

Olaf Faaland ofaaland at alamedanet.net
Sun Apr 20 22:10:23 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm playing with the import API written by Benoit.  Using the OFX and HBCI
imports as a model, I've written a quickie test import, but I have two
questions:

1. From what I can see of the OFX and HBCI code, the transactions initially
created are never balanced; that is, they have only one split, and the GUI
always prompts the user to select the 2nd account for the 2nd split.  Is that
what really happens?  I have access to neither type of service to test my
understanding.

2. My test import creates what appears to me to be a single valid transaction.
Specifically, there is only one TX shown in the register, and diffing the
before and after data files shows only one <gnc:transaction> object,
containing 2 splits.  It shows in the importer, however, with two rows.  I've
attached the pertinent part of a screen shot, and my code.  Am I doing
something obviously wrong?

thanks,
Olaf