Future "Tutorial and User Guide" direction

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 1 11:51:03 CDT 2003

Thinking about Derek's comments on splitting the user guide up:

Getting Started
Managing your Personal Finances
Managing your Business Finances
Advanced Topics
(you could split Advanced Topics into "Personal" and "Business")

I propose that (after 1.8.5 is released) we (I) split the documentation
into 2 separate guides.  Personal Finance and Business Finance.

Yes, there will be lots of duplication (cut/paste to begin with), but I
think in the long run it will be *much* nicer for both the personal
users and business users.  The net effect (hopefully) is to make the
docs smaller but more targeted.

All the examples can be tailor-made for the each audience, the personal
finance users do not have to see scary chapter titles like
"depreciation", the business users will not have to wade through
examples demonstrating paying rent on your apartment.

What do you think?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil