"what's new" document

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 1 13:44:25 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Well, as I said in another email, depreciation is a personal item
> too -- for example if you own a house and rent out part of it...
> However I think this is somewhat considered "running a business"
> for tax purposes, so perhaps it still belongs in the business portion.

Exactly, it is like running a small business.

We can't be perfect with this layout, so we have to do the best we can.
  I imagine that 99% of personal finance users will not need depreciation.

> But yea, separating cap gains from depreciation would be a good idea.

Okay.

I'll write back after the chapter rearrangement/splitting so everyone
can comment on the new layout.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil