"Split txn account total bug", its reproducible now!

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Aug 1 15:27:54 CDT 2003

I figured out how to get the "split transactions make account totals not
update correctly" bug to be reproducible with a simple account
structure.  (in the past, I would only see this bug with complex account
structures).

Build an account structure like this:
-Assets
     -Checking
-Liabilities
-Expenses
-Equity
     -Opening balances

steps to reproduce:
1) Give yourself a wad of cash, E:Opening Balances -> A:Checking.
2) Open the register window of A:Checking, add a new split tranaction
like this:

Account     Deposit Withdrawal
A:Checking  ---     100
Liabilities ---     100
Expenses    200     ---

3) Click "enter" when finished entering the split, check out the main
account tree window, it will show total balance in both Liabilities and
Expenses as "0".

4) Edit any account, immediately upon opening the edit account window,
the balances of Liabilies and Expenses will be updated correctly.

Should I bugzilla this?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil