Multiple books in file backend?

Phil sublime78ska at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 20:16:38 CDT 2003

FWIW:
One of the calenders my company uses is like this:

13 periods

1st period begins jan 1st.

partial first week plus 4 weeks.

2nd - 13th period begins on a sunday every four weeks.
13th period - 4th week may be less than full week because it ends on 12/31.

For 2003:
01. 01/01 - 02/01
02. 02/02 - 03/01
03. 03/02 - 03/29
04. 03/30 - 04/26
05. 04/27 - 05/24
06. 05/25 - 06/21
07. 06/22 - 07/19
08. 07/20 - 08/16
09. 08/17 - 09/13
10. 09/14 - 10/11
11. 10/12 - 11/08
12. 11/09 - 12/06
13. 12/07 - 12/31

Why is this used? Couldn't find anyone who knew the original reason.
Currently it's used because so much coding and processes are built around
it.  But fiscal reporting is now done on calender months.

Another transportation company I worked for used 13 week quarters.  4
weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks.

Phil

and Mandrake Linux 9.1: www.mandrakesoft.com