docs: supported platforms

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Aug 7 12:21:40 CDT 2003

I added another item to the GC features list in the docs:

supported on a variety of operating systems and hardware platforms.  The
list of fully supported operating systems (and platforms) for GnuCash
v1.8.x is: GNU/Linux (x86, Sparc, PPC), FreeBSD (x86), OpenBSD (x86),
Solaris (Sparc), and MacOS X (PPC).  Previous versions of GnuCash have
been known to work with the following list, but their current status is
unknown: SGI IRIX (MIPS), IBM AIX 4.1.5 (RS/6000), Unixware 7 (Intel),
and SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 (Intel).</para>

I stuck it in the "Easy to Use" section... seem reasonable?  Any
additions/subtractions?  I got this list from the main README file.

Oh, I don't like the title, "multiplatform compatibility" because I
think (true?) that most people think in terms of their OS, not hardware
platform....  suggestions?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil