docs: supported platforms

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Aug 7 12:43:12 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> I'm a bit worried about the phrase "supported" -- what does "support"
> mean in this context?  AFAIK the only platforms used by developers are
> Linux, Solaris, and MacOS-X.

Okay, any suggestion for other word?  Lets see what is in the README
file...  ah, "is known to work".  Is that better?  Maybe "compatible"?

Below is the text changing "supported" to "known to work", and removing
a few extraneous "fully"s.  Oh, I sent xml markup before, oops, I
stripped it out now to make it easier to read.

========================

Multiplatform Compatibility: GnuCash is known to work on a variety of
operating systems and hardware platforms. The list of operating systems
(and platforms) for GnuCash v1.8.x is: GNU/Linux (x86, Sparc, PPC),
FreeBSD (x86), OpenBSD (x86), Solaris (Sparc), and MacOS X (PPC).
Previous versions of GnuCash have been known to work with the following
list, but their current status is unknown: SGI IRIX (MIPS), IBM AIX
4.1.5 (RS/6000), Unixware 7 (Intel), and SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 (Intel).

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil