wiki discussion

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Tue Aug 12 13:50:15 CDT 2003

Christian Stimming wrote:
> [snip explanation of wiki]

The truth is that I am all for any tool that allows users to feel like
they are more a part of the process.  I think it is important for
building a community that contributes to the project.

So, great, let's give a wiki a try.  I will add it onto my list of
resources to peruse when looking for documentation information.

Now, if only I was able to build my "documentation" web page on
gnucash.org, we could *clearly* explain all the various documentation
options available, including the wiki.  :)

Oh, I do want to address one thing (this has nothing to do with the
wiki, but I thought I would comment anyway):

> if, say, my specific user question gets answered by you and you even
> include the answer in the gnucash-docs, I will probably not update my
> gnucash-docs installation for weeks to come. So I will not see the
> outcome of our discussion any time soon.

This is the issue I hope to address if the documentation team can get
some read/write space on the web site.  I want users to see the new
additions to the documentation moments after they are created, hopefully
while still involved in the discussion that caused the new
documentation.  In this way, we can get immediate user feedback.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil