Crash in multi-currency transactions (was: [gnucash-de] Bug im HBCI-Teil)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Aug 14 00:38:09 CDT 2003

This is a bug discovered by Tobias Krais in the multi-currency transaction
handling, version 1.8.4. I'll translate the description:

Some transactions have been imported (by HBCI, but this doesn't matter here).
The transactions are imported into a EUR account, and the problematic
transactions have a CHF (swiss franks) account as 'other' account.

After finishing the importer GUI, the EUR amount in the EUR account is
correctly displayed. However, in the CHF account no amount is displayed at
all -- the field is empty. Now Tobias goes into the (empty) amount field and
enters an amount. Then he leaves the transaction. The dialog opens: "The
current transaction is not balanced". He selected "Adjust current account
split" (third out of four radio buttons, picture attached). Gnucash crashes.

- From the importing code I can tell: the Transaction in question has EUR
currency; the amount of the split in the EUR account is set by calling
xaccSplitSetBaseValue(split, eur_amount, EUR_currency) in
import-export/hbci/gnc-hbci-gettrans.c:313; the amount of the split in the
CHF account is set by calling xaccSplitSetBaseValue(split,
eur_amount_negative, EUR_currency) in import-export/import-backend.c:825 .

When any of the other radio buttons are selected, gnucash doesn't crash. In
any case, a bunch (50 times) of warnings are printed on the console:
Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.

Anybody (Derek :) an idea?

Christian