Offer to help: Problems with building gnucash, and importing data

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Wed Aug 13 20:23:48 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 17:30, Jon Lapham wrote:
> Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> > Small correction to the above statement.  RH9 RPMs exist for GnuCash
> > 1.8.4.  You can get RH9 RPMS for GnuCash (including 1.8.4) from:
> >
> >    http://people.redhat.com/notting/gnucash/
>
> We should put a copy of those on gnucash.org.
>
> There is so much gnucash stuff in so many different places!

There's a good reason why these aren't on gnucash.org. Redhat uses its
own spec file, doesn't include support for OFX or HBCI and includes the
docs in the main rpm. We deliberately designed our rpm to include these
as optional from the main package. Now I have no objection to this site
being in the FAQ or linked to as a download site, esp as I have no
intention of making RH9 rpms for the releases anytime soon. If someone
else wants to compile RH9 rpms with the official GnuCash rpm spec file,
with a virgin (apart from updates) system then I'm happy to upload these
to the ftp site.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica