Crash in multi-currency transactions

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Aug 14 10:13:14 CDT 2003

Benoit Grégoire schrieb:
> Derek is right.  Tough we should probably get rid of  xaccSplitSetBaseValue()
> in head, I just checked it's code as well as the calls in both the OFX and
> HBCI code and we are using it correctly.
>
> The problem is in import-backend.  When I wrote it it never occurred to me
> that someone could select an account with a different currency as the
> destination account for a new transaction.  I don't know how to fix it
> properly without some lookup to the pricedb or popping a dialog asking the
> user to supply a new amount.

Exactly. I don't know a real solution, too. Having a popup dialog
doesn't really seem the right thing to do (imagine a larger number of
transactions like this during one importing process).

> We are way too close to release for me to do something like that.  In the
> meantime, I propose replacing the call to xaccSetBaseValue() in
> import-export/import-backend.c:825 by to calls (xaccSplitSetValue() and
> xaccSplitSetAmount()) BOTH with the same amount, and spit a FIXME in the
> console.  The value will be good, the amount WILL be wrong, but at least
> gnucash won't crash or do anything weird.

Ah, yes, sounds good. I didn't think of this workaround earlier. Yes,
simply go ahead and change it the way you just said.

Christian