GNUCash Financial Contribution

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Thu Aug 14 11:11:32 CDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> > Option 2:
> >
> > -Finance a gnucash developer get-together in Boston.  With 1000$ and
> > planing in advance we could probably manage to pay the plane tickets of all
> > the developers in North America  who are not within driving distance of
> > Boston. Face to face communication would most definitely help in doing some
> > real design and planing for gnucash, and clarify a lot of obscure areas.
> > Also, most of us have never met, and this would no doubt be really fun for
> > all involved.  If this is what you decide to do, we will need a custodian
> > for the money.  The logical person is Linas Vepstas.  He's been with the
> > project almost since the beginning and has become active again lately.
>
> Thanks, Benoit, for the suggestions. I like them both, really. ;)
>
> I've worked on software projs (open source & otherwise) where our f2f
> meetings were very helpful, and I'd be happy to help the gc developers
> get together. If 1000USD won't let in North America everyone meet, I can
> probably cover the difference--Linas and I could figure that out.
>
> On the other hand, funding (part of) a good new feature is a Good Thing.
> Particularly w/backend storage, since it makes gc much more transparent
> for other things, like (in my future dreams) having my zope intranet
> show my clients their current invoices, etc., by hooking directly into
> the sql db of biz data. [yes, I'm sure I could do that now by going into
> your xml directly; the point is simply that I think many related-proj
> devels could/would use your data in an sql format but might not dig into
> an xml format.]
>
> Why don't we see if the devels want to get together? Or have other
> ideas?

Well I certainly like the idea of a get together. Though I also think it
great to pay matthew to work on the sql stuff...choices, choices...

I'm happy to go along with whatever the others want to do, but my
preference (clearly) is for the get together to go ahead.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica