Problems building from CVS

Jonathan Ard ard at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:37:26 CDT 2003

Hi,

  I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this.  If not, I apologize.  I am trying to build GnuCash from the latest sources in CVS, but I am running into a problem.  I am fully prepared to admin that I have no idea what I am doing, and the problem is most likely related to that.  I looked through what documentation I could find, and I think I am doing what I should be doing.  Anyway, I try to run the autogen.sh script with my configure options and I get this error:

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:1265: error: `intl/Makefile' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:1265: the top level
autom4te-2.57: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader-2.57: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
**Error**: autoheader failed.

  Do I not have everything installed that I need to?  I'm running Gentoo Linux, and I installed the stable gnucash version, and, perhaps wrongly, assumed I would have what packages I needed.
  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan