profiling gnucash

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Sun Aug 17 15:19:22 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Sounds like guile is unhappy being profiled..  This is probably due to
> the fact that guile is the "application" being executed and probably
> is not actually initializing the profiler properly.  At least that's
> my un-educated guess.

Ugh, so then the solution may be to recompile guile with -pg?  Yuck.

We have "--enable-profile" in the possible parameters to pass to
configure... so I take it that at one time this worked?  Or, has it
always been that guile needed to be -pg-ified?  Or, is this just some
standard configure option and it never worked well with GnuCash?

-Jon

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil