web page validation

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Mon Aug 18 11:37:13 CDT 2003

Firstly, I was able to access gnucash.org ssh-ically.  Thanks Linas.

While looking around, I made 2 minor chages to the web page.  I added a
width=100% to the table in en/menu/menu-documentation.phtml so the
"[de]" link in the sidebar doesn't wrap.  This should be fine since the
parent table (generated by en/menu/menu-main-developer.phtml) is already
set to width=100%.  It looks nice.

Secondly, I added an inconspicuous "validate" link to the bottom right
corner of the page in the footer.  This calls validator.w3.org using the
referrer tag, allowing us to easily validate all the gnucash web pages.
  (oh, they don't validator as of now).

Anyway, are these changes kosher?

Is it a worthy goal to make the web pages validate?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil