Revised Appendix B

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Mon Aug 18 14:42:31 CDT 2003

Michael Rensing wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Here is my revised version of Appendix B (The FAQ). There are a few
> questions I've added, and some quick answers, or placeholders. I'd like
> everyone's input on:
>
> - The relevance of the topic groupings.
> - Whether the existing questions are in the right groups.
> - What the correct answers are in cases where the existing answers are
> incorrect, incomplete, or poorly worded.
> - What other questions are FAQ's.

Looks good so far, a few suggestions:

The section "About the GnuCash Software" could maybe be called "General"
(maybe General Information)?   The section "Accounting with GnuCash"
could be called "Using GnuCash".  Add a fourth section called "Accounting".

Thus, you would have 4 sections:

1. Sources of Information
2. General (oir General Information)
3. Using GnuCash
4. Accounting

Section 1 is obvious.

Section 2 is good as you have it now

Section 3 could be technical questions about using the software (how to
move accounts, how to return everything when searchingm, etc)

Section 4 could be accounting questions that really have nothing to do
with GnuCash per se.  For example, "should I treat taxes as..."

This is looking good!

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil