Translators web page

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Wed Aug 20 14:13:25 CDT 2003

Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> 	Why are you excluding some strings for the stats?

Oh, see the thread from a week (or two?) ago about this.

Basically, we have 3 classes of strings to translate.

1) The important strings you actually see and use
2) The strings derived from country-specific features
3) The strings for the help-index

Now, of course we want to translate class 1.

The country-specific strings are only important for people within the
country that has that specific feature (hbci).  There is no reason why
someone from Zimbabwe should be penalized because they didn't translate
some 2 paragraph long piece of text that will never be seen by a Zimbabwean.

The help-index strings shouldn't even be in the gnucash package.  The
plan in the future is that the help-index strings will get moved to the
gnucash-docs package, and then we won't see them in these statistics anyway.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil