Problem with make distcheck

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Thu Aug 21 10:16:42 CDT 2003

This is the error I was seeing in gentoo too. I seem to remember a while
ago when we had all the work done to the build process (just before the
1.8.0 release) a bunch of issues that only showed up in distcheck. They
were eventually resolved, to bad the guy that did all that work isn't
currently still about.

Chris

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

> Well, I upgraded intltools to 0.27, and gettext to 0.12.1, and now make
> distcheck is breaking for a different reason.  It's still in the intl
> stuff, though. :(  No, the Makefile.in.in patch fails again on all three
> hunks, so the INTLTOOL_UPDATE stuff isn't applied to it.  However, I get
> the following error:
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors ../../intl/relocatable.c:167:
> warning: `local_compute_curr_prefix' defined but not used
> make[3]: *** [relocatable.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/me2v/projects/gnucash/dist/gnucash-1.8.5/=build/intl'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/me2v/projects/gnucash/dist/gnucash-1.8.5/=build' make[1]: ***
> [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/me2v/projects/gnucash/dist/gnucash-1.8.5/=build'
> make: *** [distcheck] Error 2
>
> relocatable.c is owned by gettext. *sigh* It does not look like
> intltools/gettext is going to let us get a clean make distcheck with
> either the RH9 default versions of intltool/gettext, nor with the
> latest.  It would be nice to get it working with the default versions.
>
> Make all didn't even enter intl/ during make all.  I'm not sure why
> distcheck goes in there.

	|^|
	| |   |^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw