Newsforge

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Mon Aug 25 14:14:39 CDT 2003

Tim Wunder wrote:
> Joe Barr has a GNUCash article up on Newsforge. You may recall that he
> wrote an article a while back regarding 1.6 and was only
> semi-complimentary. This article appears to be more positive.
> http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/08/22/151254.shtml?tid=11
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Very nice article.  He even mentions the documentation work!

"The newest release of GnuCash is 1.8.5. You still should know what
double-entry accounting is to make full use of GnuCash. But it has made
big strides toward removing the second barrier by offering new
functionality designed to meet business needs. The documentation
explaining how to use those tools is ready as well."

Unfortunately, later in the article he mentions double entry accounting
and has a link to the documentation, which goes to the v1.6 docs...
bummer.  I sent him a polite email showing him where the information on
double entry accounting is in the v1.8 documentation.  We probably
didn't have the news docs available on the web site when he wrote his
article.

Anyway, all in all, a nice article for us.

-Jon

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil