SWIG?

tripp+gnucash-devel at perspex.com tripp+gnucash-devel at perspex.com
Fri Aug 29 03:30:20 CDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Stallbaum, Sean wrote:

> I have been lurking for the couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone else
> was interested in the comment about SWIG?  I am curious because I am in the
> process of developing a java based program and would like to integrate
> GnuCash into it and it seems that SWIG would be ideal.  I myself have no
> experience with SWIG but would be more than willing to help out if others
> are interested.

I'm interested and have worked with SWIG a little bit "back in the
way-back", but am short on time at present. What's your timeline for your
own work?

I mean, if de-crufting the SWIG bindings was something that came together
in tiny pieces over months (e.g., Sept.-Dec.) instead of weeks [1], would
collaboration still be of interest to you?

[1] At the same time, don't underestimate the power of an empassioned
weekend of hacking :)