The Heart and Soul of GnuCash

tripp+gnucash-devel at perspex.com tripp+gnucash-devel at perspex.com
Sat Aug 30 00:42:47 CDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:

> For what it's worth, don't bother with the checks.  If you switch over to
> Paytrust (http://www.paytrust.com) you can still do you bill paying online,
> without touching a check.

I, too, use PayTrust and can recommend it on the same merits.

FWIW, I have written a screen-scraping (read-only) interface to my credit
union, and will doubtless get around to writing one for PayTrust
eventually, too. They have a straightforward "low-graphics" mode that's
ideal for this with HTML::TableExtract:

	http://www.mojotoad.com/sisk/projects/HTML-TableExtract/
	http://www.mojotoad.com/sisk/projects/HTML-TableExtract/tables.html

In case you're wondering, it's this collection of (admittedly kludgie)
scripts and tools I've accumulated over the past few years that's got me
so keen to beef up "alternative language" support in gnc :)