Crash in multi-currency transactions

Tobias Krais(BA-Lörrach) kraist at ba-loerrach.de
Thu Aug 28 16:01:25 CDT 2003

Hi together,

I did some further testing and I found the bug again. GnuCash does not
crash when I enter an amount e.g. 100. The window "Rebalance
Transaction" opens. I make a choice and the amount is not entered. There
is just no amount at all. The failure reported is:

Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.

But this you know. When I enter an amount e.g. 100.00 or 100,00 GnuCash
crashs with following message in a window:

Die Anwendung "/usr/bin/guile-1.6" ist wegen eines schwerwiegenden
Fehlers abgestürzt. (Speicherzugriffsfehler)

And also the Bad numeric waring in the command line.

I found something else what was interesting. When I enter a new (EUR to
EUR) transaction with the amount e.g. 20.67 no amount is shown after
entering. When I enter 20,67 the amount is shown. Could it be that there
is an ","-error in the importer?

I'm sorry that the bug is still there

Greetings, Tobias

On Donnerstag, 14. August 2003 22:16, Tobias Krais wrote:

> > To me it seem also that it is a bug in the importer. I can not reproduce
> > this failure by entering the amount myself. It only happens when I import
> > data via HBCI.
We have fixed the importer code in 1.8.5. Can you please try again after
updating to this version? Thanks.

Christian