[gnucash-de] Re: Bug in Transaction Import; reproducable? anyone?

Tobias Krais(BA-Lörrach) kraist at ba-loerrach.de
Fri Aug 29 20:03:54 CDT 2003

Hi,

I can reproduce it.
When I enter an amount e.g. 7,89 gnucash behaves normal, when I enter
7.89 the amount is not shown in both accounts and is also not balanced.
I use Debian sid gnucash 1.8.5

Greetings, Tobias

> > The latest Transaction import changes in the gnucash-1.8.5 version contains
> > an error. If the 'other' split in a transaction is created, it is created
> > with a wrongly set amount. The resulting behaviour is this: In the imported
> > account, the amount is shown correctly and the balance is modified
> > correctly. In the other account, the amount is shown correctly, but the
> > balance is *not* modified.
> >
> > The result is that for imported transactions, the 'other' accounts will
> > show wrong balances.

On a SuSE 8.2 system with 1.8.5 rpms from the "packman" site
(http://packman.links2linux.de/?action=261) this bug was not reproduceable.
Both balaces of the accounts choosen for a transacion that got imported with
hbci seem to be ok (checked a day after the import).

The only (negative) differece noted was that the window drawing was realy slow
sometimes. When changing form one transaction to another and then opening the
drop down calender for example. (might be an external problem though, because
suse8.2 has also been freshly installed)

Seems like this bug did not surface there, but i canŽt check for myself since
I donŽt have a Computer around at the moment.

-Christian