Question about importing QIF with 1.7.8 (crashing)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 1 17:25:22 CST 2003

"Morrison J. Chang" <mjchang at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Thanks. Good to know that it wasn't just me ;-).

Well, it WAS just you -- until you shared the file causing problems ;)

> Now any advice to someone who wants to setup and build from CVS on a RH8.0?
> (Yes I know it will be a nightmare but I'm game.) In particular any
> good README files, threads, preferences for dir structures, etc.
> Otherwise I'll just be reading the mailing list archives from 2001 for hints.

Go to www.gnucash.org, click on "hacking gnucash", and follow the
instructions to download the CVS sources.  There is a README.cvs file
that explains what you need to do, but in short you need to run
"autogen.sh" just like you would run "configure", and then run "make"
and "make install" just like you normally would.

> Yeah I know Gnucash 1.8 should be out real soon, but hey for the next bug.

Well, real soon is "this weekend"...  But you are welcome to use CVS.