Network Preferences

Keith Knohl keith at knohlfamily.com
Wed Feb 19 15:59:36 CST 2003

Dear All,

I have searched through the archives, but "network" is a fairly
well-used word.

Could someone please explain to me the network preferences under
Settings, Preferences, Network?

Allow http network access
Allow https connections using OpenSSL
Enable GNUCash Network
GNUCash Network Server

All it says in the manual is "Network: Options relating to connecting to
the network.  Are these allowing http access to the GNUCash application
or submitting my data to some website for on-line access?  Is this for
downloading updates?  Is this for multi-user stuff?

I guess I'm really confused.  If someone could shed some light on this
I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Keith Knohl
keith at knohlfamily.com