GnuCash 1.8.1 Hang

Thomas J. Baker tjb at bakerconsulting.com
Thu Feb 20 06:34:26 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 22:54, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Thomas J. Baker (tjb at bakerconsulting.com) said:
> > On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 21:10, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > This is still sounding like a memory corruption bug somewhere...
> > > Any chance you can try using Electric Fence?  If valgrind
> > > doesn't work for you, then perhaps efence can help find it?
> > >
> > >         ./configure --enable-efence
> > >
> > > -derek
> > >

> > I'll try to rebuild the rpm...
>
> You can also set LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libefence.so
>
> Bill

Is there some special way I should run it? Here's what I get:

neuromancer> setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/libefence.so
neuromancer> gnucash

  Electric Fence 2.2.0 Copyright (C) 1987-1999 Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com>
Segmentation fault
neuromancer>

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                                        |
| Baker Consulting                     email: tjb at BakerConsulting.com |
| 90 Gile Road                         http://www.BakerConsulting.com |
| Nottingham, NH 03290                                                |