Finding transactions that were entered automatically crashes GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Jan 2003 22:58:18 -0500

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
> > Second, could you tell me what search values you chose to actually
> > find the transaction?
>
>   Within the Find dialog, I only filled in the Description field and
>   used the description from any previously scheduled transaction for the
>   value. For example, I tried SAFE, DirecTV, and Prudential.

Thanks.  This should be fixed in CVS.

> > The fact that you're getting the 'f3dce...'
> > account means that you're finding the SX, not the real transaction.
> > This is clearly a bug.
>
>   Seems logical. Probably two bugs: that the SX was found, and that
>   gnucash crashed when clicking on the second account field.

Well, the first bug (should) be fixed.  I think the second bug is
somewhat related to the fact the SXes are "special" and really are not
meant to be accessed by normal registers.

>   By the way, I upgraded to James' gnucash 1.7.6+cvs.2002.12.31-1
>   version, and I was still able to reproduce it.

Not surprising...

>   Good luck, and thanks very, very much for this package. It has been
>   wonderful not to have to run Windows just to run Quicken.

Thanks.  And thank YOU for all your reports.  Another thing you can
do is file reports at bugzilla.gnome.org -- those are less likely
to "fall through the cracks" than email.  But email is also good! :)