Edit Opening Balances

Hugh A.J. Kennedy hajk@oakweald.de
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:01:40 +0100

Hi,

First I would like to thank all of you who worked on 1.7.6. I get to 1.7.7
later today!!!!

I have been playing with different account setups to try to suit my own
strange circumstances and had problems because after creating an account, it
is impossible to change the opening balance. The situation is that after
consideration, it can become interesting to either split or merge accounts
during setup. However once the creation has taken place, the tab doesn't
appear in the dialog.

Ok, I did some dirty things in  src/gnome-utils/dialog-account.c and it now
works. However, it is a dangerous thing and I would like to allow this only
if there are no transactions against this account. Can anyone point me in
the direction of some code that I could steal to test this?

Lastly, once done cleanly, with the above validation (and the dust settled
for 1.8), would anyone be interested in this patch?

Tnx,

Hugh Kennedy