PracticalTax: A tax preperation program

jay jay@linuxtax.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 17:53:45 -0800

Hello Gnucash developers,
We have been working on a tax preperation software that runs under Perl, na=
med=20
Practical Tax. We have almost finished with the basic calculations of the=
=20
main 1040. The initial UI is created with Perl::Tk. What we've accomplished=
=20
so far is the ability to send the output to a XML file, we've tried to keep=
=20
with the XML/OFX standards. We have also created a way to do the printing o=
f=20
the information into a pdf file, using the IRS's own 1040 tax forms for=20
templates.
The main question is: how can we import the information given from Gnucash?=
=20
Any ideas or suggestions?
Our site is <http://linuxtax.com> and the project cvs site is at=20
<http://tenforty.sorceforge.net>=20