GnuCash and PostgreSQL

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
Mon Jan 20 04:18:21 CST 2003

I'm having a problem building gnucash 1.7.7 with SQL support from the
RPM on RedHat 8.0.  configure keeps telling me it cannot find a usable
libpq-fe.h or libpq.  I have postgresql-7.2.2-PGDG and
postgresql-devel-7.2.2-PGDG  RPMs installed.

The problem seems to stem for gcc 3.2's behavior toward the -I flag.
When -I/usr/include appears, gcc spits out this message

cc1: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
cc1:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

and returns a status of 1.  Dropping the -I/usr/include results in a
successful test compile when looking from PQconnectdb().

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court