1.7.8 Scheduled transactions infinite loop

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Mon Jan 27 21:08:04 CST 2003

>>>>> "Josh" == Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

Sorry, I missed your reply until now....

    Josh> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 11:02:22PM -0500, Roland Roberts wrote:
    Josh> | It's been a couple of days since I last ran gnucash and just a few
    Josh> | minutes ago when I popped it open, I found it told me I had two
    Josh> | scheduled transactions.  Now, I've never seen this window before since
    Josh> | I only configured these a couple of weeks ago, so I was unsure what to
    Josh> | expect.  However,
    Josh> |
    Josh> | First, the area showing a ledger for the transactions had no
    Josh> | information in it, even after I selected the first transaction listed

    Josh> But the SXes definitely have template transactions
    Josh> associated with them?

Yes, they had template transactions.

    Josh> | The scheduled transactions where created with either 1.7.6 or 1.7.7, I
    Josh> | can't remember.  Maybe I have some bogus data in there.  I'm going to
    Josh> | try doing these again but telling GnuCash to ignore them.  I also have
    Josh> | the log files from this attempt; if it helps, I could provide that as well.

I went back and told GnuCash to ignore them.  It successfully opened
my data file and and then I went into the scheduled transactions and
found one scheduled transaction set up on a daily basis; it had been
two days since I last used GnuCash, so that explains why I had two of
them pop up.

    Josh> The log file not so much ... but the data file itself would be very
    Josh> valuable in attempting to reproduce and fix.  If you're willing, please
    Josh> send it to me [not the list] at this address.

How about this extract from my data file.  I'm not clear how it got
entered; that version of my data file has my wife's user ID which
means she may have tried to set up a scheduled transaction and left it
unfinished.

<gnc:schedxaction version="1.0.0">
  <sx:id type="guid">055f93f4a29aac9359408be2ae4cada1</sx:id>
  <sx:name></sx:name>
  <sx:autoCreate>n</sx:autoCreate>
  <sx:autoCreateNotify>n</sx:autoCreateNotify>
  <sx:advanceCreateDays>0</sx:advanceCreateDays>
  <sx:advanceRemindDays>0</sx:advanceRemindDays>
  <sx:instanceCount>1</sx:instanceCount>
  <sx:start>
    <gdate>2003-01-24</gdate>
  </sx:start>
  <sx:templ-acct type="guid">0765fd9c362ab325745f26d6c0d8b679</sx:templ-acct>
  <sx:freqspec>
    <gnc:freqspec version="1.0.0">
      <fs:id type="guid">4f520d28a5ce9ae78914103bfa06c004</fs:id>
      <fs:ui_type>daily</fs:ui_type>
      <fs:daily>
        <fs:interval>1</fs:interval>
        <fs:offset>0</fs:offset>
      </fs:daily>
    </gnc:freqspec>
  </sx:freqspec>
</gnc:schedxaction>

If the above XML doesn't come through with your mailer, I can repost
it as an attachment.

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD