autoheader/autoconf errors

Phil Longstaff phil_longstaff at comcast.net
Tue Jan 28 13:49:58 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:14 pm
Subject: Re: autoheader/autoconf errors

> > ability to import in
> > >
> > >add "--enable-ofx" to the list of autogen.sh arguments
> > >

> > Shouldn't this be autodetected by configure???
>
> It's not a question of autodetection -- it's a question of turning the
> feature on.  OFX is an OPTION -- an option currently turned off by
> default.You need to turn on the option in order to get the feature.

What would be needed to modify the architecture to allow it to more
automagically use available features rather than needing to turn them on
and off at compile time?  I'm thinking of something like a plug-in
architecture where a library has an "initialize yourself and plug
yourself in" function.

I've noticed this lack in other areas.  To add a new quote source, for
example, requires creating or modifying a number of files (perl, scheme
and c).

Phil