autoheader/autoconf errors

Chris Morgan chrismorgan at rcn.com
Tue Jan 28 15:32:16 CST 2003

>Phil Longstaff <phil_longstaff at comcast.net> writes:
>
>> What would be needed to modify the architecture to allow it
to more
>> automagically use available features rather than needing to
turn them on
>> and off at compile time?  I'm thinking of something like a
plug-in
>> architecture where a library has an "initialize yourself
and plug
>> yourself in" function.
>
>Oh, that's THERE..  You're just confused because gnucash is a
>monolithic source tree.  However the IMPLEMENTATION is very
>plug-and-play.

I'm still not seeing what this has to do with detecting
capabilities at compile time.  The build system should detect
that libofx exists and consequently build ofx/qfx import
support into gnucash.  It shouldn't be required to have libofx
to build gnucash but that isn't what we are discussing is it?

Chris