Gnucash MT940 file import

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Thu Jul 3 18:49:57 CDT 2003

On July 3, 2003 03:40 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Benoit, I'd like to take a stab at providing MT940 support, do you
> have any tips for importing files with gnucash?

The first step would be to take a look at the documentation for: the generic
import module, the header files transaction.h and account.h.  They are all
documented with doxygen.  Those docs live in src/doc/html.  To get them, you
can either download a gnucash tarball, they will already be included.  Or you
can download gnucash cvs and run make doc (you'll need doxygen installed if
you go this route).

After that, I don't know the scope of the MT940 standard (couldn't find any
info in english or french about it).  With a little more info, I may be able
to guide you better.

Actual programming would be in C, in a new import module.  If you are  serious
about coding it, I'll be happy to create and commit a new skeleton import
module to jump start you (including menu item, file selection and build
system integration).  That should save you a few days of poking around...

Hope to hear from you soon,
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/