Quickbooks export

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.net
Sun Jul 6 23:10:31 CDT 2003

In Quickbooks, you can run a report called "Custom Transaction Detail
Report" which appears to give you a report of all the transactions with
all the fields.  You can then export this report to Excel.  At that
point, it seems plausible to import the data into Gnucash.

One method is to dump the excel spreadsheet out as a text file or comma
separated file, write a parser to read it, and create either an OFX
file or QIF file, and import those into Gnucash.

The other thought I had was to create a Gnucash xml file directly.

So the two questions that come up:

1) has this been done?  It seems like lots of people would use it and
it doesn't seem that hard.  Am I missing something?

2) What file format would you go to? OFX, QIF, or xml?

Perry