Huge data testfile

Paolo Benvenuto donpaolo at gsi.it
Sun Jul 13 15:31:38 CDT 2003

Hi guys! I'm a gnucash user, well satisfied with your work! God bless you all!

There is a huge data test file for gnucash, with ~800 accounts and ~15,000
transactions, available for your testing at
http://www.gnucash.org/pub/test-data/huge_test_file.bz2

the bzip is 1.1 MB, but the uncompressed one is about 19 MB!!!

It's a copy of my everyday data file, without sensible data.

I think that some optimization is due in gnucash, because there are some
slowlinesses (times referred to a box with 256 MB RAM and a PII 1.8 Giga):

- generating a report (> 5 min.)

I invite you to test it.

In particular, I'm asking that, if possible, the report options were showed
always *before* generating the corresponding report. The reason: test this
file and will be obvious.

Alternatively, an option could be in the preferences, determining whether to
show the options before or not.

Thank you!

don Paolo Benvenuto <donpaolo at gsi.it>
http://www.chiesamissionaria.it