CVS locks held by hampton

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 10:58:20 CDT 2003

Hi,

I was trying to commit some code to CVS, but it looks like there are
some locks being held by hampton.  In particular, the error message
I get is:

--> cvs -q commit src/import-export/qif
Enter passphrase for RSA key 'warlord':
Waiting for Emacs...Done
cvs [server aborted]: Revision 1.1 is already locked by hampton
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvspEA15Q

I looked on the server and found the following:

www:/home/cvs/cvsroot/gnucash/src/import-export/qif$ grep locks * .*
Makefile.am,v:locks     hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-context.c,v:locks   hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-defaults.c,v:locks  hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-defaults.h,v:locks  hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-file.c,v:locks      hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-file.h,v:locks      hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-import-p.h,v:locks  hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-import.h,v:locks    hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-objects-p.h,v:locks hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-objects.c,v:locks   hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-objects.h,v:locks   hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-parse.c,v:locks     hampton:1.1; strict;
qif-parse.h,v:locks     hampton:1.1; strict;
.cvsignore,v:locks; strict;
www:/home/cvs/cvsroot/gnucash/src/import-export/qif$ grep locks test/*
test/Makefile.am,v:locks        hampton:1.1; strict;

So, David, why are you holding this locks, and how can we release
them?  I suspect this has something to do with your gnome2 merge, but
I'm honestly not sure.  I'm also not sure how to blow away these locks
remotely (or even if I should)...