Questions about CVS

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Wed Jul 23 11:48:01 CDT 2003

Today I (think I) committed my first CVS change (to gnucash-docs).
Thanks Derek, the problem was solve by re-checkingout the code.

Does it look like I did it correctly?

Now, a few questions on how you guys work with CVS:

Do people typically work inside the CVS checkout directory?  Or, do you
make a copy of it and work in the copy?

When compiling, do you compile within the CVS checkout directory?  (I
ask because cmpiling makes a bunch of new files, which I imagine we want
to keep out of CVS).

How do you keep both the HEAD and v1.8 branches (I know how to check
them both out, but they use the same top level directory name)?  Can you
rename (for example) the directory holding the v1.8 branch from
"gnucash" to "gnucash_1.8"?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil