accounts payable take 1

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 24 16:30:05 CDT 2003

First stab at the accounts payable documentation:
http://www.jandr.org/temp/gnucashdocs/bus_ap1.html

Currently, there is no examples section, which I would like to add
later.  Oh, Derek, I rearranged the chapter so the AR is before AP.  The
reason I started with AP is because it came first in the old chapter
ordering.  :)  (is there any logic associated with AR before AP?  Just
curious).

Questions:

Should I put screenshots of the applications in each section?  I'm okay
with doing that, but the section is going to become VERY long with all
the screenshots because some of the AP windows are very long.

Section 11.4.4
What does "Invoice Info - Date Opened" refer to in the New Bill window?
  Is it the date the invoice was created (probably while still in the
vendor's hands), or the date you receive the invoice from the vendor?

Section 11.4.5
What does "Owner Info - Billing ID" refer to in the New Vendor Job
window?  I thought a Billing ID was bill specific, so how can you
specify a Billing ID for a Vendor Job which may have many bills associated?

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil