Documentation namespace cleanup

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Mon Jul 28 12:34:09 CDT 2003

As I wrote documentation, without thinking too much about it, I found
myself using common prefixes for chapter sections and screenshots.  For
example, all the section IDs and screenshots for the chapter on
investments are prefixed with "invest_".

This (serendipitously) has a few nice side effects.

1) All the images in the figures/ subdirectory naturally get grouped
according to chapter.  Easier to relate an image to a where it is
located in the text.  Easier to find unused images, etc.

2) No namespace conflicts with section ids.  With docbook, each
subsection must have a unique name.  This is a pain with sections like
"concepts", and "account setup" and "putting it all together" that
basically exist in EVERY chapter.  For example, with chapter name
prefixes, you can use "invest_concepts" and "ap_concepts" and
"ar_concepts", etc, etc.  No namespace conflicts.

So, anyway, my question for the list is, does anyone have a problem with
this nomeclature?  If not, I'm going to go through all the user guide
and switch them all over to this naming scheme.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil