stock thoughts

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Wed Jul 30 15:13:33 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> The only problem is that it's unlikely the register will actually let
> you create this transaction, because it usually wont let you enter
> in a split with zero shares.

Right, which is why I did it the other way.  Is my way ugly?  Yup, but
it works.

I like the commissions expense part, I'll add that.  And, I would *love*
to have the sell price be the real sell price.  But, how can we document
something that doesn't work?  Are there any other possibilities?

This problem was another reason I mentioned earlier that maybe we should
be recommending people simply not use the stock account type, instead us
a regular asset account to track stocks.  Like how we do Fixed Assets now.

-Jon

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil